This course presents the valuable and ancient techniques of Meridian massage (Shiatsu). This class is ideal for LMTS looking for treatment solutions for chronic pain and who want to work with a larger, energetic view of the body. Shiatsu-translated as finger pressure, is a method of working with the fascial rivers of the acupuncture meridians. The therapist will learn shiatsu techniques to liberate energy flow in the 12 regular meridians on the treatment table. We will focus on the Yin Meridians and the remaining Yang Meridians not covered in MFC (Meridian Fascial Cupping). We will explore your energetic blocks and learn a method of energy clearing through breath work and Qi Gong for self-care and personal power.
* Understand the 5 flows of energy, 5 elements, and the physiology of breathing and how it relates to health.
* Learn basic techniques for working with the meridians with a client on the table.
* Learn indications and contraindications for treating a client with Shiatsu.
* Understand the 5 Elements/5 Colors/5 Sounds, smells, and deeper physical and energetic factors contributing to energy blockage patterns.
* Become familiar with Acupressure points and how to treat them.
* Learn what signs and symptoms a person displays and what meridians/elements/organs may be involved.
* Learn basic Qi Gong exercises for self-care and energy evaluation
* Lots of hands-on practice and trades.
DATES: Sunday-July 14th, 2024
Course Fee: $165 8 hands-on CEUS
This class follows Meridian Fascial Cupping and is a perfect addition to that class. It can be taken first or after the cupping course.
Please wear comfortable clothing; loose pants are recommended. Bring two flat sheets and a pillowcase.
FL Course #20-67360 FL Provider #50-496