The first step towards successful conception begins with understanding your fertility cycle and resolving the barriers to a healthy pregnancy, which may include resolving other health issues. Natural therapies can assist you and your partner in increasing your capacities for natural conception and increase your success rate during IVF. I have worked with couples to establish a solid foundation for a healthy full-term pregnancy. Be patient with yourself. Many people have conceived under my care who have been told they would have difficulty conceiving by other practitioners. Thru my sessions, many women have come to understand, embrace and transform their unique relationship to their fertility and discover the keys to a deeper connection with their pregnancies. Read some of their testamonials here.
The first session will establish where you are in your fertility journey and is an opportunity for you and I to develop the best plan of care based on your unique presentation. I recommend committing to balancing your body over period of 3-6 menstrual cycles. Specific treatments for particular phases of your cycle or IVF program will be outlined.
In our first session we will:
* Establish your blood type and set up a nutritional, herbal and self-care program for your unique biochemical and genetic needs.
* Define the 4 phases of your menses and identify which phases need the most support and how to accomplish this.
* Learn how to connect to your breathing as a method of bringing the 5 flows of energy to your uterus and balancing your nervous system.
* Identify what lab and diagnostic tests you have had and identify other possible tests that may be helpful as you proceed. Some tests may provide you with a deeper awareness of contributing factors that may be blocking conception or contributing to repeat miscarriage or failed IUI, egg transfer.
* Experience Acupuncture and CranioSacral therapy so that you can become comfortable with what treatment feels like.
In successive treatment sessions, we will align your body for the preparation of conception, and implantation as well as support you during each phase of your IVF treatment to improve outcomes. The overall goal is to balance and relax your nervous system and improve circulation to your womb.
Maya Abdominal Massage
“The uterus is the woman’s center.
If her uterus is not in proper position
and in good health, nothing in her life will be right.
She will be as out of balance as her uterus.”
– Don Elijio Panti (1893-1996)
One of the core components of my work with women and fertility involves Maya Abdominal Massage. Maya massage is a treatment as well as a self-care massage that will help you enhance blood flow to your uterus especially if a malposition, scar tissue, physical or emotional trauma is affecting your womb. Dr. Rosita Arvigo, DN developed these techniques, after apprenticing with Don Elijio Panti, the last of the Traditional Maya Shamans in Central America. The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage™ is a non-invasive, external, massage technique that guides internal abdominal organs into their proper position and increases blood, lymph and nerve flow to the womb and ovaries for optimum health and function. Maya massage improves organ function by releasing both physical and emotional congestion from the abdomen. The patient and the practitioner may receive insight as to the nature of the causes of imbalance while doing this massage. A self-care routine is taught and additional methods for the patient to implement at home are given. Patients are then guided as to what to expect as the technique improves their condition and improves other dimensions of health. Most women find this to be a very insightful treatment that changes their relationship to their and appreciation of their uterus, menstrual cycle and overall health.